I have been craving for something sweet to eat… So, I decided to make myself a dessert with mung beans which I bought during the last visit to China this lazy Saturday.
Mung beans are easy to cook as they do not need to be soaked in water before its use.
Mung Beans Soup
[Ingredients: serving 4]
– Dried mung beans: 100g
– Sugar: 50g
– Glutinous rice flour: 1 cup
– Water (for Glutinous rice flour): 50cc
– Goji berry
1) Pour water into a deep pan and boil the dried mung beans for about 30 minutes until they become soft.
2) Add sugar to 1) and keep boiling for a furher 15 minutes.
3) In a separate bowl, mix the glutinous rice flour with water. Be careful not to add too much water. You can have a better texture when the amount of water is moderately low.
4) Next, form the dough into small balls (dumpling).
5) Heat water in a pan and add the dumplings boiling point. After adding the dumplings, stir the pan with a rice paddle or similar and wait until they float.
6) Boil at high heat for 2 to 3 minutes and gradually the dumplings will start to float. When all the dumplings have floated, boil for a further 1 minute and remove the dumplings from the pan and cool them in cold water.
7) Place 2) into a serving bowl followed by the dumplings. Sprinkle goji berry to entertaining your eyes!
A good healthy dessert!!